Roast Lamb in Sloe Gin
You will need -
- 1 lamb leg (or shoulder of lamb) 1.5kg
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 2 large red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 150ml Nonesuch Sloe Gin
Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C Fan).
Place the joint on a chopping board and make several slashes over the surface with a sharp knife. Season and stuff the mint into the slits.
Put the onions into the base of a large non-stick roasting tin, position the joint on top, drizzle with the olive oil then add the sloe gin. Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 2½-3 hours, basting occasionally.
During the last 30 minutes of the cooking time, remove the foil to allow the joint to brown.
Transfer the lamb to a warm plate, cover and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes.
Serve with seasonal vegetables and roast potatoes.
Drink suggestion -
- 25ml Nonesuch Sloe Gin
- Brut Australian Sparkling White
1. Pour the Sloe Gin into a chilled champagne flute.
2. Top it up with Sparkling White Wine and garnish with a twist of lemon peel.
Take care and only use the zest of the lemon for the twist as the white pith under the peel will cause the drink to taste bitter.